Friday, October 12, 2007

"What My Grandma Dottie Means To Me"- by Katy Moffatt age 9

“What My Great Grandma Dottie Means to Me”- by Katy Moffatt age 9

My great grandma Dottie is 82 years old and lives far away from me in Santa Maria California. I am 9 years old and have been faithfully writing to her for almost three years. My great grandma’s birthday is January 1st, 1925. My birthday is January 2nd, 1998. I think it’s special that we are almost born on the same day. I was born at 4:42am, so my mom says I can blame her for not being born on grandma’s birthday.
My grandma and I are such good friends and I love that she always returns my letters. She tells me what she’s been doing, who she’s beaten in Rummy-O, and even shares recipes with me. I started my own recipe box for when I have my own kitchen. My mom let’s me borrow hers for right now.
I also love grandma’s hugs. My best thing I’m doing is that I am planning on visiting my grandma for our birthdays this year. So far I have saved $85.00 for my plane ticket. Most of the money I made babysitting for people. I can’t wait to see her and ride on a plane! We are going to have a lot of fun together. I need to practice playing Rummy-O though, because my Grandma is really good.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Im glad to see that you learned how to post things so I can comment! Loved the little ditty on Grandma Dottie!