Sunday, July 12, 2009

Camping is Now Banned...

First of all, thank you to all of you who are praying for us, who posted words of encouragement on my blog (I needed that!), and who helped us move! What a blessing. I HATE feeling like a burden to anyone but receiving help is such a blessing so THANK YOU again.

We are officially at my parents (2060 Karen Dr. Meridian) and are mostly moved out of the Tysons. My legs feel like rubber and I am disgusted at how much stuff we own. I'll post some pics of our cute little "nest" when I get some time but I have a funny story to share.

We are all being stretched in a lot of ways right now, one of which is space. Our last 3 houses were pretty big and we could all get away from one other for the most part. That is proving to be slightly more challenging here. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get back into running:)

Anyways we are sharing 1 bathroom between 6 people (Miss Eagy can relate here). Well 3 of my kids are readers and the bathroom seems to be a favorite place for that. Tonight I actually had to make a rule called "No reading and camping in the bathroom".
Didn't really ever think I was going to have to ban the written word like that, but the truth is there is just no time. With one bathroom it's gotta be an all business kind of thing. Get in and get out. I know that we are spoiled Americans and dependent on our creature comforts but it doesn't make it that much easier giving them up just knowing that you're spoiled. It's still just one bathroom. Maybe I could make a cute sign that says "No Camping" or "Get'er Done" or...hmmm...I think I need to go to bed. I'm rambling.

Well thank you again for the encouragement and prayers. We need them!

4 comments:

Lindley Family said...

I hope that you grow through this experience, April. You are such an encouraging individual and I appreciate your transparency when you write about your struggles.

I live really close to your parents' house & have gotten back into running & I would LOVE someone to run with! Let me know if you are interested.

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

I think the Get 'er done sign would be hilarious!!
Good job trying to keep your sense of humor through this. That will help so much! :)

melliebates said...

I need one of those signs too. Both the girls like to "camp" in the bathroom especially right around the time when the littler kids should be getting ready for bed. Too funny! I can remember when I was about 8 or 9 pulling the hamper up to the potty to use as a book rest! Guess it runs in the family!! :)
April-keep your eyes upward and you can make it through anything!!

Katie Eagy said...

You'll all learn to live with each others stinky days (we all have them!) because when you have to go, sometimes it just stinks in there. And I'm sure you'll work the shower and toilet to their max...we do! And we're so thankful they haven't broken down on us yet! I'm excited to hear what you're learning along this journey of close quarters!